Tandem Skydiving in VA
Skydiving is an incredible adventure, especially in the beautiful state of Virginia! When making your first skydive, you certainly want to ensure all the small details are addressed in order for you to fully enjoy the experience. This article outlines the top 4 things to know about skydiving in Virginia!
TLDR: Simply put we ask a few simple things when you are ready to make a tandem skydive. 1. Make a reservation; 2. Read our health restrictions, 3. What to bring and wear; 4. How to plan the day
Make A Reservation
Reservations are key as it confirms your jump for the day and prioritizes you in line over walk ins. It also lets you know when we are open and available to fit you in as we are closed during the winter months, sometimes have limited times in the spring and fall, and get booked during the summer months. When you make a reservation, it helps us organize the day as far as how many instructors we’ll need, how many others can fit into the day, and fitting other skydivers on to planes.
Age and Health Requirements
There are a few health considerations when jumping from a plane. First, you’ll need to be at least 18 years of age and weigh less than 230 pounds*. Then, you’ll need to be able to manage yourself into a small aircraft, lift your legs up to get in and out of the plane and and lift your legs for landing.
Also, we have a very strict policy of no drugs or alcohol at least 24 hours before your skydive. The instructors and Skydive Shenandoah will make their best judgement and often err of the side of safety if there is any question. This is not just for your safety, but everyone involved in making your skydive.
If you unsure about any other health regularities, we’ll need you to get written permission from your physician. All health conditions must also be disclosed in the paperwork as well.
*If you’re unsure about meeting these requirements, give us a call to discuss!
What to Bring and Wear
Let’s keep it simple and outline the checklist of things you’ll need to bring:
- Government issued photo ID
- Skydiving in Virginia is an outdoor sport and are out in the sun quite a bit watching the incredible activity!
Now, what to wear:
- Comfortable clothes appropriate for the temperature of the day
- Cargo pants, jeans, yoga and hiking pants are a few examples
- Closed toed shoes (no boots, no sandals and no shoes with hooks)
- Sneakers, skate shoes, or trail running shoes are a few ideas
Plan the Day Accordingly
We know that you have a busy life, so we want to help you best prepare your day to skydive with us. First, due to many moving parts of a skydiving operation, just as weather, late reservations, fueling operations, etc, we suggest to plan to spend between 3-6 hours with us. We will do our best to get you in the air straight away, but that is not always a guarantee. So here’s a quick list for planning purposes:
- Leave your furry friends at home
- Due to the nature of skydiving, it is not a pet friendly environment.
- Show up for your reservation on time, or a few minutes early to park your car, use the restroom, then check in
- Do not make other plans to close to your jump reservation time
- Your reservation isn’t necessarily your jump time. As we mentioned there are several moving parts and other skydivers to coordinate each day. Due to the unpredictability of these things, including weather, we do not schedule specific jump times
Skydiving in Virginia is an amazing experience, especially in Shenandoah with the incredible views. If you’d like to learn more about skydiving in VA, check out other things to do in this amazing countryside HERE!